Is Boeing flight test over.

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi everyone.
It sounds like they have a valve failure. Made in China?

In all fairness, it was NOT Boeing's valve. It was an oxygen relief valve on the Centaur second stage booster, part of United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V launch system. Boeing has enough of their own problems without getting credit for others' issues.

In all fairness, it was NOT Boeing's valve. It was an oxygen relief valve on the Centaur second stage booster, part of United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V launch system. Boeing has enough of their own problems without getting credit for others' issues.
Well, technically, ULA is a joint venture between Boeing and Lockmart. So maybe there's a dutch door somewhere.... :)

(Admittedly, the Atlas is not a Boeing-heritage vehicle).

Ron Wanttaja

As a former Boeing employee & former contractor at both LockMart & ULA - ULA is a joint venture but only at the upper mgt is there overlap. Wearing a ULA badge? Lots of places at LockMart & Boeing where you are not welcomed with open arms, and vice-versa. Legacy Boeing was never a rocket player, it inherited the Delta when McDonnell-Douglas brought it along with the "merger".

Being in the aerospace business for more than 30 years, it was not common practice of "harmless cases of engineers innocently bringing their own work papers from one job to another." You never took anything with you other than your personal property. Any & all "work papers" are the intellectual property of the employer. I always had a clause in my contract stating that anything I created for teaching at the university (never on company time, never on company equipment) did not belong to the employer.

For more fun, check out

Last edited:
As they say at NASA, “If it’s Boeing, it probably ain’t going.”

Back