Pardo's Push

Interesting! I had no idea.

Same thing was done with an A-37 and an AC-130 in Nam in 68'. AC-130 dropped the ramp and the A-37 nosed in. Pushed the Herc for over 200 miles to Thailand. Was coined "The Dragonfly Push."

Last edited:
Same thing was done with an A-37 and an AC-130 in Nam in 68'. AC-130 dropped the ramp and the A-37 nosed in. Pushed the Herc for over 200 miles to Thailand. Was coined "The Dragonfly Push."
I find that hard to believe. I flew T-37s (smaller engine, I know), and there's no way a A-37 was pushing anything bigger than another A-37 anywhere.

I find that hard to believe. I flew T-37s (smaller engine, I know), and there's no way a A-37 was pushing anything bigger than another A-37 anywhere.

Seems I recall when I was at Columbus some Tweets flew backwards?

Oh it's true. AC-130 got its AoA probe shot off and were flying in the blind. They called in a Mayday for any aircraft in the area for help. They were just on the brink of stall when a daring young A-37 pilot showed up with the assist. I believe he was court marshaled and got a dishonorable for damaging govt property.

Oh it's true. AC-130 got its AoA probe shot off and were flying in the blind. They called in a Mayday for any aircraft in the area for help. They were just on the brink of stall when a daring young A-37 pilot showed up with the assist. I believe he was court marshaled and got a dishonorable for damaging govt property.

Oh no! NOT the AOA!

Paging @Everskyward ... who flew with Bob...

The push story is real and I've posted the giant painting print we have in our basement signed by Bob and his wingman and one of the WSOs.

They sell the painting prints to help support one of the four who has a disability now and needs extra medical care.

We received our prints (there's also a Luftberry circle story and painting) as a treasured gift from an aviation friend many years ago. He hasn't flown in years but we took his kiddos up a few years ago, and they loved it as much as dad does. The kids made a glass box with photos of that day and signed little thank you cards they put in with the photos and it's another treasured gift hanging on our wall.

Yes, that was a long time ago. I flew with him on my first flight flying a Lear 35 and a number of times after that. He was a great teacher and loved to pass on his knowledge to the pilots new to the Lear.

Any 'good' stories you care to share?

Ok, now I don't know if you're trolling of not. There's no way this happened like you're describing.

If you're being serious, I bet what happened if that the C-130 lost instrumentation, couldn't find his way back home and had a Killer Tweet lead the way and they followed him back. One a good day, a OA-37s two engines produced the thrust of one C-130 engine. It's not pushing anything around anywhere but down.

Back